Saturday, November 29, 2008

25 Food Blogs

http://www.creampuffsinvenice.ca/
Lemony Bread-Pudding French Toast

This is lemony bread-pudding french toast.
I found this blog from someone who's family came from Calabria in Italy. My great-grandmother was from there.

Then I started searching through other recipes to see if I could find one my grandmother made and one my mother made. I didn't find them.

My grandmother used to cook these little pizzas I've never seen anywhere else. The piece was square with a top like a mini calzone. She made spinach and raisin pizza for the adults and squares of cheese pizza's for us kids because we didn't like spinach. Ours didn't have the top piece. I remember the smell of the olive oil she used. I don't think anyone got the recipe or if it was even written down.

My favorite dish has always been my mother's turkey stuffing. She taught my brother and I how to make it and told us not to give the recipe to anyone. My brother gave it to my cousin and my mother never let him forget his disloyalty. (Is that a word?) My cousin made it but it wasn't like my mother's. When I make it it's close to my mother's but I'm wondering if she left some tiny ingredient out. She did tell me about the hard boiled eggs and black olives though, and a couple of other things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my

first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I

will keep visiting this blog very often.


Deborah

Term Life Insurance